We are on the lookout for young alumnae who are already taking action to make their world a better place! Rising stars are the movers and shakers of the young alumna, who are role models to our current girls and proven what it means to be a leader of courage, confidence and character.
Sound like someone you know? She could be our next Rising Star! The Rising Star award is presented to a Girl Scout alumna, age 30 or under, who is advancing professionally and personally by embracing the skills she learned while a Girl Scout. The Rising Star Award is a new addition to our annual Women of Distinction event and Girl Leadership Summit.
To be considered for our Rising Star Award, the alumna must meet the following criteria:
- Was a member of Girl Scouts through senior level prior to 2008 or Ambassador level in 2008 or later.
- Live or work in our service area (Atlantic, Burlington, Camden, Cape May, Cumberland, Gloucester, Mercer, Middlesex and Salem Counties or the Allentown, Roosevelt and Matawan areas in Monmouth County).
- Must be over the age of 18, but not over 30 years of age.
- Support the mission of Girl Scouts and live by the Girl Scout Promise and the Girl Scout Law.
- Demonstrate leadership, commitment and high achievement.
- Motivate, inspire, and support others.
- Is an outstanding role model for girls.
Nominations are due by July 12. Please download the full application for additional details and to get started!